in

Investigation against Dragicevic for endangering Minister’s safety suspended

Slatka-Tajna.Eu

The District Public Prosecutor’s Office in Banja Luka issued an order to suspend the investigation against Davor Dragicevic for the criminal offence of “endangering the security of the Minister of Interior of Bosnia’s Republika Srpska (RS) entity, Dragan Lukac,” Detektor.ba reported Monday.

Attorney Dragan Tolimir confirmed for the Balkan Investigative Reporting Network of Bosnia and Herzegovina (BIRN BiH) that he had received the Prosecutor’s Office decision addressed to him on September 8, 2021.

In March last year, the authorities discovered the body of 21-year-old David Dragicevic in a local river in the northern Bosnian town of Banjaluka. Police initially said the death was the result of drowning, but the family and all those involved in the ‘Justice for David’ group say the police are trying to hide the perpetrators of the murder.

The protests that followed turned into an ongoing anti-government movement.

Dragicevic’s death and the allegations against the authorities caused shock waves in the RS, but also the entire country. Protesters in Banjaluka, the administrative centre of the RS, have been gathering to light candles for Dragicevic and raising their fists in support of the movement but were then often detained before the police banned them from gathering in the city altogether.

Klikni na "like" i pridruži nam se na Facebooku







Davor Dragicevic told Detektor.ba that, today, such a decision does not mean much to him and that it came three years late.

“As far as I am concerned, that decision means nothing to me,” he said.

The investigation against Davor Dragicevic began due to the events in front of the National Assembly of the RS (NARS) on December 17, 2018. At that time, citizens gathered around the group “Justice for David”, led by Davor Dragicevic, came before the entity parliament, in which the deputies elected the new Government of the RS. Citizens protested in front of the Assembly because Dragan Lukac was again nominated for the Minister of Internal Affairs.

The report against Dragicevic was filed by Minister Lukac.

Dragicevic, who is in Vienna, told BIRN BiH that, three years after the events in front of the Assembly, the investigation was suspended three years too late.

The suspension of the investigation against Dragicevic is an indicator for attorney Tolimir that the institutions were used only to intimidate citizens and deter them from further gatherings.

Comments

Komentariši

Loading…

0

What do you think?

NIJE JOJ POMOGLO NI LJUBLJENJE SA FRANOM: Za Sandru Todić niko nije glasao i izbačena je iz “Zadruge”

Novac zarađen radeći u dijaspori uložio u fabriku sokova